Monday, January 5, 2009

He is here!!!!

I know I know...this is way overdue!!! Im sorry! But life has been busy for us here the past couple of weeks. Baby Brayden Lee is finally here!!!!!! Friday the 19th- my water broke about 7:45am and we got to Mssion Hospital about 830am. I was given my epidural at about 845 at night and was still only dialated to 2cm. So, at about midnight, the doctor came in to check on me and still at 2cm after 16hours of labor, I decided to have a Csection. I was terrified. I have never had surgery before and I had to idea what to expect. Eric scrubbed up and I kissed my mom and they wheeled me into the OR. The "delivery" was miserable. He was so stuck up in my ribs that they had to use the vacuum to get him out. I have never had such an out of body experience and personally, I dont wanna do it again for some time! Brayden Lee Knip was born at 1:33am and weighed in at 6lbs14oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. Little guy...I told you so! I said all along that he would be born on the 20th, he was. And I also kept saying he would not be any more than 7 lbs. Mom knows best i guess :) We were packed up and ready to go home on the 23rd when the pediatrician came in and told us that he had dropped to 6lbs2oz and he was very jaundice. We had to stay another day. We were really heartbroken, but we had to do what was best for Mr.B. So, we all stayed another night. His weight jumped back up to 6lbs8oz and his billiruben levels went down dramatically. So, we took out little miracle home on Christmas eve. But the fun didnt stop there. We got home about noon and went to Erics dads house for a quick gift exchange. Then it was off to "Grandma Ximena's" (erics mom) for another Christmas extravaganza! 30 or so people there for dinner and all I could do was sit in pain. Not to mention i was exhausted. I popped an extra motrin and stuck it out. Dinner was nice and Eric had a nice time with his family. He got to show him off, which was why we really went I think haha. 10pm rolled around quickly and we were headed to my moms for xmas eve #2. Kids were in bed already, but Jack and Kylee got up to hold BRayden. So cute! Went to sleep around 1am, woke up for xmas morning with the kiddos at about 7am and then it was another day of Christmas. INSANE! From my moms, back to Erics moms, back to my moms to see my grandma, then home for a nap (thank god) and then to San Clemente for the Foley family xmas dinner(ercis step dads fam) Which was about another 50 people to show him off to. Xmas is over and the new year is here!!! It has been one hell of a ride already but he is doing great!! Up to 7lbs already and sleeping well. He doesnt cry much, but i am sure that will change. haha We are on cloud nine with our little man!

1 comment:

Caley said...

adorable ash!!! I was in heaven the other day...bring him by any time!